This course has been designed to assist Employers in ensuring that workplaces are safeguarding workers health and compliant with all new legislation and government guidelines associated with the pandemic.
A COVID Marshal, is an employee who will cover numerous proactive and reactive duties to assist the Employer with COVID-19 spread prevention, management and the monitoring of all workplace procedures implemented to reduce the risk of spreading Coronavirus at work to as low as is reasonably practicable.
The main aims of the COVID Marshal course are to:
- To assist your Employer with COVID-19 spread prevention.
- To ensure the management and monitoring of all procedures implemented to deal with COVID-19 on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure control measures used to reduce the chances of contracting COVID-19 are established and maintained.
- To assist the Employer if a case of COVID-19 is suspected or confirmed within the workplace.
The course covers a number of duties that a COVID Marshal would need undertake, and include:
- Managing/monitoring social distancing.
- Ensuring suitable and sufficient hygiene controls, including hand washing and cleaning processes.
- Managing COVID signage and information.
- COVID RIDDOR reporting.
- Managing non-compliant employees.
The individual covering the duties and responsibilities covered within the course should be an integral and valuable member of the COVID management team, as industry begins to re-open and attempts to get people back to work in a safe and controlled environment.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Employers has a legal duty to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees and others whilst at work. Therefore, the workplace must be ‘COVID-19 secure’. This means that all reasonable steps must be taken to reduce the chances of infection from COVID-19 whilst at work. A COVID Marshal will help to ensure that the Employer has met their legal duty and the ongoing management of keeping the workplace ‘COVID-19 secure’.
Our the COVID-19 Back to Work course is a pre-requisite to completing the COVID-19 Marshal eLearning.